Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Fiber to Spin

Superwash Merino ready to dye and spin (or spin and dye)
I've got this huge basket of superwash merino to spin. It's not my next project, as I have about 4 more before I get to this, but I am super excited.

I have about 20 lbs of it and am trying to decide the colors I will dye it. Most likely the colors will be old gold, warm red, electric blue, slate blue, orange, green, cool red, violet, turquoise, olive green, navy and dark brown. I also need to decide how much of each to dye. I want to be able to create some art batts as well as some regular batts for spinning. I will need to dye some nylon (Louet's Fake Cashmere or Icicle) of similar colors to make sock yarn batts. Maybe I can dye the nylon some of these colors and the wool other colors to get some nice blends. Come to think of it, I need more fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment